Thursday, November 6, 2008

November Goals

My savings, loan payment, and retirement goals are going to be consistent through the end of the year, so I won't update those. Here are some general goals I have for November, financial and otherwise:

*Open a ShareBuilder account. On ING, there's a deal that if you open an account through their link, you'll get a $50 bonus as long as you deposit some money in there by the end of the year. I've been considering this for a while now, and I can't think of a better time buy stocks. I've been contributing $50 a month to a money market fund for the past 11 months, and I'll stop doing that in January, so I'm going to put $25 aside for this, and $25 for company stock purchasing (see below) each month.

*Enroll in company stock purchase plan. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but it's not currently an open enrollment period. I'll just put $25 per month in here.

*Start buying Christmas gifts early. Before I do this, though, I need to compile a list of what I'm planning to buy and figure out what my budget is. My main problem is that I have a handful of difficult people to buy gifts for every year, and I have a really hard time coming up with gift ideas for them. Ugh.

*Top Chef night! My boyfriend (C) and I have a fun Wednesday night wherein we cook a fun semi-elaborate (for us) dinner, and then watch Top Chef. The new season starts next week, so this tradition is coming back. Yay!

*Keep up the workout routine. I did a good job with this last month, but I've been slacking over the past week for various reasons. I need to just do this.

No comments: