Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back from Vacation & Savings

Despite getting terribly sick right before my vacation (I ended up taking off Tuesday and Wednesday as sick days), I had a great time in Ft. Myers. I only made it to one Red Sox game, but I spent ample time relaxing and on the beach so I feel the trip was a success. And, I spent way less than what I had budgeted for outlet shopping. I had planned to replenish my wardrobe in a major way, but I bought four shirts for a total of less than $50 at the J. Crew outlet and that was it. Crazy.

I updated my savings sidebars just now, and it's exciting to see that I'm back on track with my savings. I should have my fun fund maxed out by the end of April, or mid-May at the latest. I'm also going to start making weekly deposits into my 2009 Roth so that I can max it out by the end of the year. I think weekly is the way to go, since the market is so insane right now. May as well try to capitalize on some good old dollar cost averaging, rather than dumping the money in only to see the value plummet the next day, which is exactly what happened to me when I invested in a new mutual fund for the first $3,000 of my 2009 Roth. BAH.

No comments: