Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm so glad it's Christmas vacation!

Due to the fact that my company doesn't allow us to roll over unused personal/vacation time, I usually wind up taking off time at the end of the year. This year, because of Christmas and New Year's falling mid-week, I only have to use six days to get the last two weeks of the year off, so here I am with two weeks off. :)

I spent my first day off (today) finishing up some last minute shopping. The sales at the Gap were insane! I can only imagine that their post-Christmas sale will be even better. I wanted to buy everything in sight (for me and for C), but I resisted and just bought a couple of small gifts.

The rest of the day was spent wrapping C's gifts, and baking peppermint bark chocolate chip cookies. I've never actually baked anything from scratch before, but it was amazingly simple. I baked one sheet of cookies to make sure they came out well, and froze the rest of the dough. I'm going to bake the rest next weekend and give them as stocking stuffers for my fellow innkeepers at our holiday party next Sunday.

C is coming over tonight for dinner and to eat some of my test cookies, and we're going to enjoy some wine and watch Christmas Vacation. We're treating ourselves to pizza, too. We haven't gone out to eat in weeks and neither of us feels particularly like cooking tonight, especially me since I've been baking all day and have a sink full of dishes to wash before C gets here.

No comments: