Friday, October 10, 2008

Desperately in need of a haircut

I realized today that the last time I had a professional haircut was early December of last year. For the most part, I cut my own hair.

I do a pretty awesome job, I might add -- I once gave myself an adorable Amelie -esque bob with a pair of manicure scissors; since then, I've acquired professional haircutting scissors, which do the job rather nicely when it comes to trims or cutting my bangs every few weeks.

Cutting my own hair is only very slightly due to economic reasons; mostly, I can't find a hairdresser who isn't scared to cut hair above the shoulders. I've also never found one who actually knows how to cut bangs properly, which is rather disheartening. I guess you get what you pay for, but I live in a big expensive city and quality haircuts don't come cheap. Whenever I see a co-worker with a cute new haircut, I ask (ever so hopefully) where they get their hair cut. Unfortunately, I soon learned that none of these ladies seem to be living within their means, and there's no way I'm shelling out that kind of money for something as stupid as a haircut. On the other hand, I cringe every time I catch a glimpse of my sad, lifeless hair in the mirror. What's a girl to do?

No comments: